I'm reposting my "Hot Legs" post as a refresher course - because legs are still the new cleavage :-) XOXO - Angie</p> </p>
Spring is here, and whether you’re ready or not it’s time to show off those LEGS! Super short minis and short shorts are back in a BIG way - making legs the new cleavage! So, it’s time to sexify your legs for Spring -Here’s how!
1. Fake it ‘Till you Make It:
Ok, so Spring snuck up on us again and after being in hiding all Winter, perhaps our pasty white legs aren’t quite ready to come out of hibernation. Luckily, with tons of great self-tanning products on the market, we can fake that end-of-summer glow now and put our best legs forward!
A couple of my faves!:
Victoria's Secret Flawless Airbrush Instant Body Spray ($12) for an easy tan in a INSTANT! Also available in lotion form!
Neutrogena Micro Mist Airbrush Tan - ($8.99)
*Tanning beauty tip: Exfoliate first! Remember before applying self-tanner you need to exfoliate! Any scrub from your local drug store will do. Just grab something with medium to large size crystals and scrub down while in the shower just before applying your self-tanner!
2. Work It Out!: Not only is it time to swap out our jeans to more leg-bearing pieces, but it’s also about time to pull out to swim suits –EEK!! So, there’s no better time to start getting back in shape than now!! I’ll soon be putting out my annual “Get Ready for Bikini Series” where we’ll get the whole body ready, but for now, let’s focus on those legs!
Be sure to spend at least 5-10 minutes a day on your legs and they’ll be runway worthy in no time! Squats, lunges and leg-lifts are “sure-things” for toning up legs fast! If you hate conventional exercise, a nice hike or up-hill stroll while on your lunch break also have great leg-toning benefits!
Kate Beckinsale working the lunges!
Don’t forget the cardio! Try to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio each day to slim legs, revealing those toned muscles you’ve been working on! Cardio can be fun – just gets your heart pumping! Dancing, cycling, and roller skating are all fun ways to fit in your daily cardio!
3. A Little Help From the Pros!: Endermologie (also known as LipoMassage or VelaSmooth) is all the rage in Hollywood for reducing cellulite and getting legs ready for their close-up! A few short visits to an Endermologie specialist can greatly improve the appearance of cellulite, tone skin, move toxins and even reduce fat! YAY! And it’s not just for the legs! Endermologie works wonders on all areas of the body including the stubborn love handles and tummy!
During an Endermologie session, you put on a sort of body stocking and the technician uses and electronic hand-held device with rollers and suction to massage your body using a special technique. This is like a super deep massage that not only makes you look smoother but can also be a relaxing treat! I am a HUGE fan of this treatment – I do it every year to prepare for bikini season!
*For smooth, dimple-free legs and butt, be sure to visit a specialist who has experience with the device for best results. If you’re in the Los Angeles area I HIGHLY recommend Chaffon at New Kingdom Beauty in North Hollywood. She is a genius at Endermologie, has quite the celebrity following, and I personally wouldn’t go anywhere else! Be sure to tell her Angie O sent you!
4.Quick-Fix Tricks!: So, you want to go out TONIGHT and rock the super short mini or you got invited to a pool party and you are sooo not ready!! Don’t worry! There are a number of “quick-fixes” to fake perfection at a moment’s notice!
- COFFEE GRINDS: A well-known trick amongst models and celebrities – and one of my FAVORITE tightening remedies is to use coffee grinds on your legs! Yep, you heard me! Just take your used coffee grinds from the morning into the shower with you and apply to legs. The grinds provide a nice exfoliation and the caffeine stimulates movement of toxins and sucks out excess water to smooth lumps and bumps leaving you with smooth dimple-free legs! Leave or for a few minutes then rinse. If you have some extra time you can add some cellulite cream to the mix and wrap legs in plastic food wrap for up tohalf an hour(crazy I know – but worth it!)
- CELLULITE CREAM: Just applying a cellulite cream from the drugstore before exposing your legs gives an instant tightening effect!
- HAIR SPRAY?!?: Another quick-fix I LOVE I learned from a girlfriend of mine who competes in pageants (they have all the tricks!) Before taking stage in their swimsuits, pageant girls spray Hair Spray to their backsides and legs to hold everything in place and prevent jiggliness! – It actually works really well -Try it!
- HYDRATE: Don’t forget to moisturize beauties! Drink lots of water and always apply lotion after you shower for plumper, silkier skin all over!
- NUDE COLORED HEELS: We all know wearing high heels makes the legs look longer and leaner. This Spring invest in skin-toned heels to create the illusion of extra long legs! YUM!
Ok my beauty junkies, now hike up those skirts a little more and work your hotness!
Be sure to check back here often as I’ll be back with hot tips to get you ready for bikini season as well as Spring/Summer Beauty trends and must-haves!
Peace, Love, and Sexiness!